Just some of the green measures practiced here at Kah-Nee-Ta.
Kah-Nee-Ta lighting project in Indian Gaming Magazine. (Click here) Kah-Nee-Ta implements energy efficient lighting at resort.
• New waste and recycle bins were placed around the resort for guests to recycle bottles, paper and waste.
• Formation of a staff Green Team to develop and review and implement sustainable practices and measures.
• Offer in-room bed linen and towel conservation program for multi-night guests.
• Use bio-degradable chemicals and products in housekeeping and laundry Departments.
• Using recycled paper for brochures and stationary when appropriate.
• Use air dryers in the Village Pool locker rooms and the paper towel dispensers have recycled paper in them.
• Offer glassware and fabric napkins instead of paper products in conference and dining facilities.
• Recycle paper & newspaper in administrative offices.
• Conserving electricity in many of our offices, including:
-Turning off the Heater & Air conditioning during off hours.
• Working with companies to purchase green products and services whenever possible.
• Facilities Department recycles fluorescent bulbs, cardboard, brass and copper.
• Limit use of paper cups in administrative and employee areas.
• Look to purchase more organic apparel in gift shops, use of natural products when possible.